The office of the County Commission is made up of three elected officials who each serve four years.
The Callaway County Commission is the executive body of Callaway County operating under the Class guidelines established by the Revised Statutes of Missouri. The County Commission establishes policies and procedures, enacts ordinances, supervises the activities of County Departments, adopts the county budget, and provides various other services.
The Administrative Office is responsible for carrying out all acts of the County Commission, bidding all goods and services for all county budgeted funds, contracts, building needs and ADA responsibility, employee screening, and liaison to Engineering and Road and Bridge.
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Address: 10 East 5th Street, Fulton, MO 65251
- Telephone: (573) 642-0737
- Gary Jungermann
- Gary Jungermann
- Randall Kleindienst
Eastern District Commissioner
- Randall Kleindienst
- Roger Fischer
Western District Commissioner
- Roger Fischer
All Current Planning and Zoning information is located here:
This information is current as of 2022 and 2023. If any changes are made to Callaway County Planning and Zoning a new letter will be issued and posted here. Until such time, this information is current.
Due to high call volumes, we respectfully request no phone calls to verify the planning and zoning information. The information in the PDF located on the planning and zoning page and the information printed on the page are both current and correct and will updated if there are any changes.
- Check out our page for Ordinances, Policies and Procedures
- Check out our page for New Construction Projects
- Check out our page for Planning & Zoning Information
Sign up for Smart911 text alerts keeping you informed of important messages, severe weather, and emergency alert notifications from the Callaway County Emergency Management Authority! Click here to Sign Up Today!
County Road Information:
FAQ: Who do I call about a county road in Callaway County?
For any information on a county road please contact the Callaway County Road and Bridge office at:
- Telephone: (573) 642-0740
- For Dust Control information, click on this link: https://callawaycounty.org/road-and-bridge/
- If your road is called Highway anything (Hwy Z, Hwy HH … etc.) or State Road anything you will need to contact MODOT at: 1-888-275-6636
Notice Regarding County Use Tax:
- None at this time.
- On Wednesday, July 27, 2022, The Callaway County Commission will attend one or two meetings hosted by Invenergy Transmission. Invenergy Transmission will hold two public meetings regarding the Grain Belt Express, at the John C. Harris Building, 350 Sycamore Street, Fulton, MO 65251. The first meeting will be from 12:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. and the second meeting will be from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. The public meetings will be open house format and attendees can come and go as they please during meeting hours. No formal presentation will be given. For those unable to attend in person, there is a self-paced Virtual Open House that is accessible on the Invenergy website https://invenergy.com/ anytime between July 25 and August 5, 2022.
- Due to daylight savings, the Commission respectfully requests that all citizens exercising/walking on county roads please wear reflective clothing/items.
- Callaway County Emergency Management offers Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training – CERT flyer.pdf
- Join us on Thursday, February 16 at 2pm for a ribbon cutting to celebrate the completion of the new Callaway County Jail. Tours will be available after the ribbon cutting.https://business.callawaychamber.net/events/details/ribbon-cutting-11124
Commission Meeting Minutes:
Please click link below to get to the paper copy of a summary of the Commission meetings from the Callaway County Clerk’s office:
- 2020 Meeting Minutes: https://callawaycountyclerk.com/?page_id=14671
- 2021 Meeting Minutes: https://callawaycountyclerk.com/?page_id=13725
For the complete audio of Commission meetings:
- 2021 Audio: https://callawaycountyclerk.com/?page_id=13725
- 2022 Audio: https://callawaycountyclerk.com/?page_id=16782
09/24/2018: Press Release
03/18/2020: Press Release – 03-18-2020
03/18/2020: COVID-19 Update: COVID-19 Update
06/02/2020: CARES Act Press Release: CARES Act Funding Press Release First Round (004)
11/23/2020: Callaway County COVID Update – November 23, 2020: Press Release Nov 23
11/24/2020: 200 Bicentennial Anniversary Monument Dedication: 200 Bicentennial Anniversary Monument Press Release
11/19/2021: ARPA Funds: Press Release – ARPA FUNDS
12/17/2021: Health Department Administrator: Press Release – Health Department Administrator
Information for Children and Teachers:
Free My County Works coloring book for Children and Teachers from NACo:
The Callaway County Courthouse Information Guide:
Callaway County Courthouse Information Guide
Other County Office Contact Information:
For phone numbers and other information on other county office locations please click on the contact link below:
County Holiday List:
- 2021 – 2021 County Holiday List – Court Order 138
- 2022 – 2022 County Holiday List – Court Order 114
- State of Missouri 2022 Holiday List: https://oa.mo.gov/commissioner/state-holidays
- 2023 – 2023 County Holiday List – Court Order 139
- State of Missouri 2023 Holiday List: https://oa.mo.gov/commissioner/state-holidays
911 Address Signs:
You can order your 911 address sign by submitting the following form:
Callaway County 911 Reflective Address Sign Order Form
Submit form to Callaway County Road & Bridge via fax: (573) 642-8773 or call (573) 642-0740 – Road and Bridge
Inquiries about County received ARPA Funds are referred to Jeanna Machon – Callaway County Grant Administrator [email protected], (573) 826-3802, or in person at 10 East 5th Street, Room G16, Fulton, MO 65251
For more information on ARPA go to: https://callawaycounty.org/auditor/
Application for Board Appointments